- This event has passed.
BCPA Chapter Meeting: Return To Work with Bo Mitchell
January 13 @ 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
Please register for BCPA Monthly Meeting by January 13, 2022 1:30 PM CT. Registered members and guests will receive an email before the start of the meeting containing information about joining the webinar.
If you think that plexiglass, hand cream and desk wipes are the most important issues in your Return to Work, then you will fail with your employees.
The most important issue: Trust in You as the Boss.
The current research:
• Nationwide, only 15-33% of offices are occupied today.
• 84% of bosses think they have done “great” job in managing the virus…
• But, 86% of employees don’t trust their CEO and senior managers to safely return employees to work.
• 29% of workers would look for a new job rather than return to a site that has not implemented necessary safety measures
Do your employees today trust you or your property manager that your workplace is safe for employees’ RTW? NO! Your employees don’t trust you.
Lack of trust in you is not about plexiglass, hand cream and desk wipes. Those things are universally expected.
What about your workplace’s safety for emergencies other than COVID like civil unrest, workplace violence, a fire, bomb threat—there’s a long list of Life Safety threats. Your employees are stressed; are coworkers safe to be around? Drugs, alcohol, suicides, street crime, gun violence, gun sales, guns confiscated, OSHA complaints, OSHA citations—all of these uses and abuses are way up since the virus has struck.
Do your employees trust that you have planned for all this? Trained everyone?
1. What is your legal exposure re RTW?
2. What is the data for the new RTW threat: Employee stress, drug/alcohol use, suicide, workplace violence, etc.?
3. What are the laws, regulations and standards that focus on RTW for employers?
4. What leadership by you is necessary for a successful employee RTW strategy.
About Bo Mitchell, President 911 Consulting
CEM, CPP, CHS-V, CBCP, CSI-ML, HSEEP, CNTA, IAC, MOAB, CHSP, CHEP, CSHM, CESCO, CHCM, CFC, CSSM, CSC, CAS, TFCT3, CERT, CHSEMR, CMC
Bo Mitchell was Police Commissioner of Wilton, CT for 16 years. He retired to found 911 Consulting which creates emergency, disaster recovery, business continuity, crisis communications and pandemic plans, plus training and exercises for organizations like GE HQ, Rolls Royce HQ, MasterCard HQ, 31 campuses, non-profits, public sector, etc. He serves clients headquartered from Boston to LA working in their facilities from London to San Francisco. Bo has earned 22 certifications in homeland security, emergency management, disaster recovery, business continuity, safety and security. He also serves as an expert in landmark court cases nationally.
- January 13
1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
- Event Category: