At the Upper Midwest Security Alliance, we believe in collaboration between interdisciplinary security professionals to create a support network for the industry. That’s why we’re so proud to have such a diverse group of members in our organization.
If you’re a security professional in the Upper Midwest looking for a place to collaborate with others in your industry, our member organizations are great groups to consider joining.
Business Continuity Planners (BCPA)
BCPA, based in Minneapolis-St. Paul, supports business professionals in business recovery, crisis management, emergency management, disaster preparedness, contingency planning, and related fields. Through monthly meetings that host security professionals sharing insights and expertise, BCPA educates and provides professional growth for members.
You can learn more about BCPA here.
Information Systems Security Association (ISSA-MN)
ISSA-MN supports professionals in the information systems and data processing industry by encouraging the exchange of information security techniques, approaches and problem solving. Monthly meetings are held to keep members communication and sharing. A meeting coming up on August 20th will cover security education awareness and training.
You can learn more about ISSA-MN here.
ISACA Minnesota Chapter
ISACA-MN is the premier organization for professionals in the information technology audit and control industries. By sponsoring educational seminars, workshops and conducting regular chapter meetings, ISACA-MN is helping to promote and elevate visibility of the IT governance IS audit control and security profession in the state of Minnesota.
You can learn more about ISACA-MN here.
In addition to our members, UMSA also has a number of affiliates:
- ASIS Minnesota – dedicated to increasing the effectiveness and productivity of security professionals.
- Advance IT Minnesota – working to engage employers, educators and learners to develop a robust IT workforce.
- Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) – promoting the use and best practices for security in the cloud.
- InfraGard Minnesota – fosters collaboration and information sharing to address threats in the U.S.’s critical infrastructure.
- ISC2-MN – supports information security through open sharing of expertise and ideas.
- Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) – focusing on improving software security.
- SEC.MN (formerly NAISG) – a security group the offers seminars and meetings on information security and open to anyone interested in the topic.
To us, security means collaborating and educating the industry to keep ideas flowing, innovation going and information gathering strong. We believe in offering learning opportunities for our members and we’re proud to have such a diverse group of security organizations as part of our membership and affiliates!
If your organization is interested in becoming an Upper Midwest Security Alliance member, we’d love to hear from you!