We are excited to announce that the UMSA Foundation scholarship program is back for a second year. In 2017, UMSA launched the scholarship program to support professionals in the security and risk-related industries. The UMSA Foundation was launched in 2018 to better support continuing education for these security and risk professionals through the scholarship program and grants.
The UMSA Foundation will be offering four $3,000 scholarships and eight $1,000 scholarships for undergraduate, graduate or continuing professionals. Applicants must be pursuing a degree in at least one of the following fields:
- Business continuity and disaster recovery
- Governance, risk and compliance
- Physical security
Scholarships will be awarded based on the following criteria:
- Applicants alignment with UMSA’s goals, mission and vision
- Quality of writing/essay response
- Personal goals and/or program of study relevant to at least one or more of the four fields mentioned above
- Phone interview
Where to apply:
All applications will be accepted on the UMSA Foundation website.
When to apply:
The scholarship application opened on October 1, 2018 and will close on Friday, March 15, 2019- so head on over and apply today!
We’re happy to support you on your educational path. Best of luck to you!