You’re going to have to wait until mid-May for the 2014 Secure360 Conference, but that’s coming up faster than you might think. We’ve been busy calling for proposals, picking speakers and putting together a schedule, so time is certainly flying for us. We’re getting excited about what’s happening, and we hope you’ll be excited too. Let’s take a look at what you can expect at this year’s conference.
Meteorologist and entrepreneur Paul Douglas will speak once again at the 2014 conference. This year, Douglas is breaking down how land use and climate change are increasing the potential for “black swan” weather events. Douglas will discuss weather cycles, what they mean and the long range forecast for the Upper Midwest. He’ll go over risks and how we can make our infrastructure more resilient and storm-ready. Douglas was a popular speaker last year, and we’re glad to have him coming back!
Theresa Payton, former White House Chief Information Officer and one of the country’s most respected authorities on internet security, fraud mitigation and technology implementation, will discuss solutions for cyber attacks. Payton was recently on The Daily Show discussing her new book with Jon Stewart, and we’re excited that she’ll be speaking for us as well.
This year, we’re presenting three full-day sessions and one half day to really dig deeply into some important topics:
- Scott Sutherland and Karl Fosaaen give a full day introduction to penetration testing.
- Bradley Ammerman and Kevin Thompson take a full day to introduce reverse engineering and malware samples.
- Sean Cordera will spend a full day teaching you how to prepare your organization for cloud computing.
- Michael Stickney will spend half a day walking participants through an emergency management mock exercise.
What else can you expect to learn about at Secure360 this year? Here are just a few of the presentations we have planned:
- Users: Your first line of defense presented by Ari Elias-Bachrach
- Rapid Risk Assessment presented by Andrew Plato
- A Behavior-Based Approach to Web Application Security presented by Aaron Bedra
- Securing International Credit Card Transactions presented by David Hayes
- Cyber War! Yes, It’s Happening Now! presented by Ronald Woerner
- Building a Global Continuity Program presented by Bryan Strawser
And much much more! From information security to physical security to risk management to business continuity and beyond, we’ve got you covered!
The Secure360 Conference runs from May 12 through May 14 at the St. Paul River Center; registration is open. Get all the details about events on the Secure360 website and keep up with conference news on social media by following Secure360 on Twitter, liking them on Facebook and using Twitter hashtag #Sec360.
We hope to see you there! What are you most looking forward to?